Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS5 will not have backwards compatibility
The PS5 has been confirmed to not have backwards compatibilty.

According to a report by Ubisoft support:
“Backwards compatibility will be available for supported PlayStation 4 titles, but will not be possible for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, or PlayStation games.”

What do you guys think about this?
@LJJoeBailey on Twitter
[+] 1 user says Thank You to LJJoeBailey for this post
Dang it. Guess I’ll have to hang onto my PS2.
[Image: FIfo_sig.png]
sig by R4Y_ANC3L
Indeed you will. Sadly it's a matter of bad execs and investors, since I had heard of many different backwards comaptibilty features being proposed over the PS3 to PS5. They were alledgedly rejected by the higher ups over grounds that the gaming demographic don't want it.
@LJJoeBailey on Twitter
Update: the Ubisoft support page has removed the backwards compatibility info. Hmm.
@LJJoeBailey on Twitter
(09-01-2020, 01:13 PM)LJJoeBailey Wrote: Update: the Ubisoft support page has removed the backwards compatibility info. Hmm.

Huh.

I really doubt it, but it’s possible they might’ve seen this post. Who knows.
sig by R4Y_ANC3L
(09-01-2020, 01:22 PM)Fifo Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 01:13 PM)LJJoeBailey Wrote: Update: the Ubisoft support page has removed the backwards compatibility info. Hmm.

Huh.

I really doubt it, but it’s possible they might’ve seen this post. Who knows.
Nah, nah. It was spread everywhere.
@LJJoeBailey on Twitter
Ah, I see now.
sig by R4Y_ANC3L
The Playstation Classic was a step in the right direction, but they have yet to release a Playstation 2 Classic, which is really a shame. These days most people with a disc drive can simply dump their old games from a disc and play it on their PCs.
(09-06-2020, 12:34 PM)Plancake Wrote: they have yet to release a Playstation 2 Classic
I can just imagine how expensive that would be, seeing as PS2 emulation requires a powerful computer.
sig by R4Y_ANC3L